AV-Outsource Limited t/a Avosec understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our websites, https://www.avosec.com and https://support.avosec.com (“Our Sites”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
This Policy applies to our Head office in the UK and our affiliate sales office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Definitions and InterpretationIn this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site; “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Sites when you visit certain parts of Our Sites and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Sites are set out in section 13, below; “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003; “personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and “We/Us/Our” AV-Outsource Limited t/a Avosec , a limited company registered in England under company number 04608367, whose registered address is 15-19 Cavendish Place, London W1G 0DD and our affiliate sales office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Information About UsOur Sites is owned and operated by AV-Outsource Limited, a Limited company registered in England under company number 04608367, whose registered address is 15-19 Cavendish Place, London W1G 0DDOur VAT number is 835 8857 75.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Correspondence address: PO Box 2089 Croydon CR90 9PG.
- Your RightsAs a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Full name;
- Business/company name;
- Tax ID;
- VAT number;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as email addresses, telephone and fax numbers;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- We do not store card or bank account details
- How Do We Use Your Data?All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Process orders and applications submitted by you;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Sites;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Sites;
- Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- To contact you if you requested communication from us;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by disabling your subscription from your profile page, by following the Unsubscribe link in the footer of the newsletter e-mail or by sending us an e-mail to [email protected].
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Sites and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Sites and your user experience;
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this we will from time to time send you information you might find useful, including information about new products and services. If you do not wish to receive these details please e-mail us at [email protected].
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR.
Third parties (including Google, PayPal) whose content appears on Our Sites may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 13. Please refer to section 13 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
Personal data provided in connection to your software subscription will be retained for 6 full calendar months after the day on which your subscription is due to expire.
Personal data provided in connection with direct marketing or newsletter subscriptions will be retained as long as your subscription remains active and your consent is considered to be valid.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.Your data will only be stored in the Uk and the European Union.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Sites.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
We are totally committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put into place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedure to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Access to your personal information is restricted to authorised personnel only.
- Do We Share Your Data?In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.We will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information to third parties to enable us to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. We will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. Please see list below of the third parties with whom your data may be disclosed:
Avosec Distribution, Avast, Avira, Copperfasten, AVG, GData, Google, Paypal, Mailerlite, Blue Solutions, Kite Distribution and MHX.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Sites including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- How Can You Control Your Data?In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- How Can You Access Your Data?You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at [email protected], or using the contact details below in section 14. We will send you a subject access form to complete and return to us.
All Cookies used by and on Our Sites are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Sites may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to select the types of cookies that you would like to be set in your browser.
Certain features of Our Sites depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 13.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.10, but please be aware that Our Sites may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary PHPSESSID Preserves user session state across page requests. No language Saves the user’s preferred language on the web site. No currency Saves the user’s preferred currency on the web site. No lz_visits Saves the user’s visits on the web site. No lz_last_visit Saves the user’s visits on the web site. No lz_userid Saves the user’s livechat ID on the web site. No cookie_consent_level Saves the user’s Cookie Consent on the website. No
and the following third party Cookies from PrivacyPolicies.com may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Provider Purpose cookie_consent_level PrivacyPolicies.com:
Saves the user’s Cookie Consent on all websites their service APISID
YouTube media playback DSID
Google website analytics services
Our Sites uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Sites is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Sites and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Sites use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Sites use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
Name of Cookie Purpose & Type Provider DSID
Analytics services Google:
In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Sites more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Last Updated: 20th Mar 2020